Microsoft Silverlight Programming
The popular Rich Internet Applications (RIA) has become highly acclaimed in the dotcom world,
as it provides an excellent user experience and its ability to aggregate graphics, animation ,multimedia,
and interactivity-all in to a single runtime instance.and give developers support for CLI languages and
development tools. Silverlight is also one of the two application development platforms for Windows Phone 7.
Ever since its launch, Silverlight has boomed in the market.
The developers at iflexsoft strive hard each and every day to offer our high-end clients
with top notch Silverlight development services. Silverlight is the most preferred cross-platform
and cross-browser framework, as it is very safe, secure and scalable.
In a broader sense, Silverlight is complementary to ASP.NET, Ajax.
Silverlight supports H.264 video, Advanced Audio Coding, Windows Media Video (WMV),
Windows Media Audio (WMA) and MPEG Layer III (MP3) media content across all supported browsers without
requiring Windows Media Player, the Windows Media Player ActiveX control or Windows Media browser plug-ins.
Because Windows Media Video 9 is an implementation of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE)
VC-1 standard, Silverlight also supports VC-1 video. According to the end user license agreement VC-1 and H.264 are
only licensed for the "personal and non-commercial use of a consumer".
Silverlight, since version 3, supports the playback of H.264 video. Silverlight makes it
possible to dynamically load Extensible Markup Language (XML) content that can be manipulated through a
Document Object Model (DOM) interface, a technique that is consistent with conventional Ajax techniques.
Main Features Are:
- Efficient User interface controls
- Graphics, animation and multimedia playback
- Easy integration of Document Object Model (DOM) for interaction with objects in HTML, XHTML and XML
- Digital Restrictions Management (DRM)
- Dynamically loads Extensible Markup language (XML) content, which can be manipulated through a DOM interface
- Language Integrated Query( LINQ)
- Rich class and User Interface (UI) Libraries for rapid Silverlight application development
- Powerful programming support of C#, Visual Basic, Ruby and Python
The benefits of Microsoft Silverlight Development
- Flawless and high speed audio/ video streaming.
- High resolution images because of excellent pixel shade effects.
- 3D graphics and animations, with new animation easing features like bounce and elasticity for smoother displays.
- Better management and animation of the Text within Silverlight application.
- Allows better indexing by search engine because Silverlight applications are delivered to browser in XAML, which makes it convenient for engines to index application, instead of keywords, for better SEO results.
- Silver application development is completely safe and secure. The application automatically updates itself.
- The enhanced deep zoom option helps the Silverlight developers to visualize the data vividly for better understanding.
- High degree of browser and platform compatibility.
- Microsoft Silverlight application usage, steps up the speed of AJAX based websites that leverage Microsoft.Net framework.
The Silverlight Application Development Advantage
Microsoft Silverlight development is widely used today by most of the companies because Silverlight is a Microsoft-based technology that can easily
integrate with existing web applications such as ASP.NET, Ajax.
Silverlight application development has its own advantages, when it comes to creating elegant RIAs.